Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad Hard Variables

Apologies for the lack of posting. It is just embarrassing to post day after day "still trying to find the error in my code." I am tempted to switch back to working on the likelihood stuff because at least I might have some progress to report. However, Josh tells me that if I don't post on my blog he is forced to do his own research -- I can't disappoint my readers (all two of them).

It turns out that there were some hard-wired constants in Alexia's 2D correlation function that I forgot about. When I adjusted those for the mock catalog I got my 2D function to match hers (thank goodness something is working):

Next step is to systematically make the changes from the 2D to the 3D until it breaks. I hate debugging.

Oh, and I can't believe how much nicer it has to have a software CRYPTOcard. Thank you Josh for helping me get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment