I ran the reconstruction with a different selection function to see if that made things better. The photometric distribution is shown here (workingDir is here: 'run2011530_1632'):
I'm still getting the issue that I am having trouble finding phibins that don't give me the error. But here are some reconstructions, the first one looks good-ish, the second one not so much:
Note that the label on the y-axis is not right, there are more objects in each bin than it says, I just had to normalize them to be on the same scale.
I'm running again with small angles to see if this helps. This smaller angle run is here (workingDir = 'run2011531_1451').
The angular correlation functions are freaking out at small angles. Not sure what that is about:
They look normal starting around 10^-3:
I tried doing the reconstruction both using all the angular bins, and just the angular bins that weren't freaking out, the look the same:
less angular bins:
all angular bins:
Here are some other reconstruction binning, disturbingly I am still getting the "feature" where if I change the # of bins slightly (from 15 to 16) I get very different reconstructions:
Because I am still not sure how doing this "non uniform" binning in r effects the reconstruction, I am running again, but with uniform binning. We'll see how that goes.