My collaborators at Berkeley have wanted me to keep quiet about my new project's results (until we publish), and so I've not been able to post plots etc. for this project. However, I do find it helpful for organization and motivation to write on this blog, so I think I'll start writing on it again, if nothing else that to say what I did that day.
I've been working a lot of error analysis for my correlation functions. I have bootstrap/jackknife analysis in place and have been doing various fits to the correlation function to try to figure out the errors. It's strange because depending on what fitting methods I use, I get wildly different errors... and sometimes it seems like I am getting a statistically significant result (3+ sigma) and other times not.
I've also been much better at writing self-contained code that is easily re-runnable. I used to drive Alexia crazy will all the "cutting and pasting" I was doing. Well no more. I know am doing object-oriented programs with lots of functions etc. It's actually really nice.
I've been learning a lot more about python. Using cool fitting tools and statistics tools. Python is such a powerful language.