Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cambridge Fan?

So apparently I have a very regular reader in Cambridge, England. I was checking out my Google Analytics statistics for this blog and my personal web page yesterday (I was wondering how many people had looked at my likelihood post/paper). To my surprise, I discovered that between last March and today, and single individual in Cambridge has looked at my blog 238 times, and my personal web page 267 times. That is an average of 2.8 visits per day!

Who are you Cambridge, England? And why do you find my blog/web page so interesting?

Perhaps it is Stephen Hawking looking for inspiration? The strange thing is that I don't actually know anyone in Cambridge.

The only other city with anywhere near this many visits is Berkeley (44 on my web page, and 181 on my blog). However these visits are from 31/64 different people in Berkeley, whereas the Cambridge visitor is ONE person.

Thank you Google for providing me with such detailed information about my followers. Who else is out there reading this? Roll Call people.


My Blog

My Web Page

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I found your blog when I was scouring the interwebs for some help with getting Healpix running with IDL. I share your irritation with IDL. I am unfamiliar with it and find it very hard to understand what the code does just by reading it.

    I also am a PhD student, in the area of observational cosmology, and I am on the point of finishing, as it appears you are. I have therefore got a lot from reading your blog, and I take my hat off to you for embarking on such a committing project (I often check David Hogg's blog too). Aside from your actual work, you are very honest about your experiences as a PhD student, and I have felt reassured knowing that I am not alone in feeling these things!

    I don't usually comment on blogs, but after reading this post I felt a bit like I had been busted reading your diary! So I just wanted to thank you for the support you are providing (without realizing!), and also tell you to keep it up and wish you all the best for the last stretch of your PhD.

    Best,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter,
    Thanks for your comment. It is really nice to know that my ramblings are helpful to you.

    Good luck to you finishing up your PhD. If you ever see me at a conference, please say hi! Sorry my postings have dwindled recently. Job search stuff has taken up a lot of time.

    Take care,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete