Monday, November 16, 2009

Input files

I've decided to use put files for the arguments to my correlation functions (for purposes of documentation and also to make debugging easier). I used to do this with DRIFT data analysis, and liked it a lot.

The main problem is that when I debug using Xcode, you type in the arguments by hand. This is annoying because the masks change everytime I run a different slice. This isn't an issue when I am not debugging because I simply have python feed the arguments into the C program (that does the correlation).

Essentially I have changed the correlation function code so that it's only input parameter is a file name which has all the arguments in it. I think this should also help with replicating old runs as well as general organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment