Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Debugging Correlation Functions

In trying to modify my angular correlation function for the qso-galaxy cross-correlation project, I found a but that might point to why I was getting huge spikes at small angles for my angular correlation function in this post.

Turned out that (for who knows how long) I wasn't feeding in the minimum correlation angle / distance into the code that makes the mesh for the correlation code. For some reason when I called the function I had hard coded 0.0 as the minimum correlation angle/distance instead of corrmin. So this meant that all objects with correlations less than corrmin were all put into the smallest bin. I don't think this exactly explains the observed spiky behavior, but now that I've fixed that I am going to see if things work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment