Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Data in Order

I've finished creating the randoms for the CFHT data. They are here:

../data/jessica/alexieData/Catalogs/cfht_random_catalog.dat

So now I have the masked galaxy data:
../data/jessica/alexieData/Catalogs/cfht_data.dat

The qso data:
../data/jessica/alexieData/Catalogs/qso_data.dat

The code to make these is catalogs are here:
randoms: ../Jessica/qsobias/Analysis/make_random_catalog.pro
galaxy data: ../Jessica/qsobias/Analysis/doall_cfht_se.pro
qso data: ../Jessica/qsobias/Analysis/make_qso_catalog.py

In my meeting last week, I realized that I had been calculating the correlation function incorrectly. I need to multiply the angle by the comoving distance to get a physical separation, not angular separation. This requires tweaking the c-code a bit to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment