Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Problems with DR7

I've been trying to use DR7 as the input to Joe's Monte Carlo and it just doesn't seem to work at all. I am coming across problems I just don't understand. I modified the dr7 file to include the psffluxes and saved it here:
/home/jessica/boss/dr7qso2.fits

They are now dereddened already and so we don't need to deredden again. Thus I made a file
/home/jessica/repository/ccpzcalib/Jessica/likelihood/qsocatalog/qso_fakephoto_dr7.pro
that doesn't de-redden.

But for some reason this line:
indx_val = value_locate(z, z_sim)

doesn't appear to be doing the right thing anymore. It is matching almost all the z_sim to the same 5 or so redshifts in z.

I've been spending all day trying to get to the bottom of this and I just can't figure it out.

Logfile is here:
../logs/100803log.pro

No comments:

Post a Comment