Thursday, January 21, 2010

Success!

I finally got Alexia's new crl working. As far as I can tell the only difference is that getximat expects the errors in xi as an input. For now I am just inputting an identity matrix, as I will need to get the errors by bootstrapping and haven't done that yet.

The function getximat wants a matrix that is the same size as the length of the xiss matrix:
xierr = N.identity(xispec.shape[1],float)

I am reconstructing from 0 to 0.5 Gpc/h using 20 bins. I am renormalizing the reconstructed redshift distribution by the following:
sum(photometric data)/sum(reconstructed data)
This gives the same "number" of objects in both sets.

This is the first reasonable reconstruction I have ever generated. This makes me very very happy. I'm going to play with different binning and selection functions next, but I would like to have at least one blog entry which has a happy ending.

1 comment: