Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random LaTeX Information

I've spent most of this week incorporating co-author comments into my Likelihood Paper. Am I the only person in academia that finds LaTeX annoying? When I went from the "onecolumn" emulateapj document class, to just emulateapj, a lot of things got screwy. Anyway, here are some tricks of the LaTeX trade that I will probably forget between now and the next time I write a paper, so I thought I'd put them here.

I found this short-math-guide to LaTex very helpful. (also downloaded onto my mac under jessica/documents/reseearch/)

How to list an author with multiple affiliations (for myself):

Code:
Jessica A. Kirkpatrick\altaffilmark{1}$^{,}$\altaffilmark{2}


Output:
How to force a figure to span the entire page even when you have 2-columns:
Code:
include an * in \begin{figure*}



Output:
How to make a sum in a fraction in an equation be big
Code:
Put a "\displaystyle" before each \sum








Output:

No comments:

Post a Comment