Friday, October 22, 2010

Randoms with a Mask

I wrote code to generate the randoms using Shirley's mask. Ran it, and now need to compare it to the actual data. The actual data isn't in a fits file.. it's an ASCII file with no header, so I am not exactly sure which column is what. Shirley left the country, so she is out of communication right now. Soon I should be able to check that the randoms fall over the data. Once I do that, I can run the correlation functions and see how the reconstruction looks on this data.

Exciting!

Alexia: Tomorrow is Cosmology in Northern California, so I will be busy with that all day. But it would be good for us to touch base on Monday again.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like good progress. Send Shirley an email, or somebody else who works on this data, to see where those files came from, somewhere the column identities must exist.

    Monday is fine, I should be around all day, we'll coordinate by email in the morning.

    ReplyDelete